For those of you who live in Wayne County, you understand the madness that is fair week. It's the type of event that makes sane grown men turn down trips to the beach (Matt Yost) to spend the week touring swine barns, eat all sorts of junk food etc. and it is one of the only events I know of where the whole county.... yes the whole county is given Monday off of school and student/teachers get in for free. They consistently have great entertainment (Lorrie Morgan, Oak Ridge Boys, Mark Wills/Buddy Jewel, and LoneStar this year and you can even sit in the grandstand free seats and not have to pay) This year the Budweiser Clydesdales came and were spectacular to watch.
Overall the fair is generally considered to be the best county fair in Ohio.
I admit I am a fair junkie and could probably go every day. This year, we decided we needed to have a plan of action so we could balance our time and money and not go crazy. Here's how we did it...
Saturday (opening day) Dad and the girls go to tour the animal barns (Sarah's allergies would go nuts)watch some free shows (Dan the Science guy) and look at fun exhibits/tractors. We threw some uncrustables/chips/snacks/water in a backpack and spent about 3.5 hours there: Cost $2 for Dad and we all split an elephant ear for $5. Total Cost: $7 bucks
Monday: Ride Day... yes every other kid in the county is there that day but a 6 hour ride band is half price so the girls and dad got to do all sorts of crazy rides together. I had a little problem on the crazy bus getting the bar to close across my stomach so I learned I need to lose a little in the middle :-) We took some rest breaks by going to this cool little house by the rides that was air conditioned and they told Bible Stories... Corndogs for lunch for the girls and amazing Pork Loin sandwiches with a shared jumbo lemonade at the Pork Barn for Mom and Dad and shared ice cream for Dessert... We escaped the day for about $50
Tuesday night: This is Mom and Dad's night out without the kids...honestly we really just go back for more food. My absolute fair favorite is the Fried Cheese on a stick, we went back for more delicious Pork Loin Sandwiches and enjoyed Amish Black Raspberry Pie with Ice Cream for dessert. We enjoyed walking around and looking at exhibits, but let's face it we were there to eat :-) $35 to get in and eat (hey it's our last night to blow it) :-) We also got offered tickets for the Honkey Tonk tail gate party but turned around and handed them out to another couple who were very excited.
Overall it's a great family experience and we had a lot of fun again this year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comment:
It is a fun week. Although, when I am there amongst the crowds of people who come from who knows where, I aways ask myself why I look forward to the fair. Then I have some cheese on a stick, and I am reminded.
Post a Comment